It is the last day of January and I finally managed to get my tag ready:
As I sewing addict I used a sewing/fashion theme for my tag this month.
To add a little bit of a "textily" texture to the backgroud I painted it with white gesso mixed with some black acrylic paint. The same acrylic paint was then applied to a piece of burlap and rubbed of on the painted background. I like this technique very much and as you can see the burlap piece is well used.
For Chalkboard Technique I used a silicone stamp together with Pearly embossing powder (both from Paper Poetry) on black card stock. The chalk worked very well on this even the tiny details of the stamp came out bright and clear. As Tim suggested in his post I teared off the edges.
The Industrious Metal Technique was a little bit more challenging. I like using material that is available easily or already at hand e.g. household items.
In my stash of tapes I found this metal tape, but I have no idea of the original purpose.
Embossing directly on the tape did not work very well - the tape got some holes an I could not remove the backing.
So for the next try I added the tape to the tag which worked much better. I have used an embossing folder from cuttlebug (CB Emboss Art Deco). Because I accidentally ripped the tag I had to make a new background to which I attached the remaining embossed background.
For the Industrious Look I added "Midnight Black" Multisurface Chalk Ink form VersaMagic.
Together with the stamped and chalked dress form the tag looked somehow naked.
So I added a little bit of "stiching" - I learned this technique from Vicky from "Clips and Cuts", which she used in her latest art journal page.
The final touches were added with some rubbings and sparkles and the word Mode (Fashion).
I like to read your comments and perhaps see you next month again!