I started with two coloured tags - left from a previous project:
The monoprinting with Distress Ink in "spiced marmalade", "festive berrie" and "mustard seed" did not create a big enough contrast.
So I used the same stencil from Scrapberries on a tag that was a leftover from the January Tag of the Month (in the picture above the one with the black paint).
For the "Embossed Texture Paste" - technique I used a stencil from "Embellishment Village" (TCW209s Mini Antiquities) and "Relief Structure Paste" from "nerchau". With the added embossing powder - I used "Sternenstaub" (Stardust" form Heindesign) it was quite a mess. The fine structure of the stencil vanished.
So I made a third attempt:
The same stencil was this time used for the Monoprint technique. The background was misted with Distress Spray Stain in "tumbled glass" . The stencil was inked with Distress Mini Ink Pads in "peacock feather", "evergreen bough" and "salty ocean"
I like the subtle monochromatic effect very much. Because of the bad experience with the embossed texture paste I added the texture paste without the embossing powder this time. After heating the texture paste (as it is written in the instruction) I added very little embossing powder (Mint Pearly from Paper Poetry)
After adding some rhinestone hearts the tag looks now ready for a Valentines Project.