30 Jun 2016

Bag of the month - June- Little bags by the yard

I am a little late with my bag of June, but instead of one bag I made a whole bunch of this little bags.

There are several patterns for this bag on the internet. I made these as a class project for my Craftsy class "Beginner Serging" with Amy Alan.


I used the the same multicoloured ethnic fabric  that I used for my Convertibel Backpack - Bag of May.


I bought the fabric at a discount from my favorite fabric store "Stoff und Stil". I like how every bag is very different form the other because of the pattern. Here are some closer looks at the bags:



Two bags with pink zippers one with the ethnic fabric on the inside and one on the outside.


Two bags with blue zippers. You can buy these lacy zippers by the yard from snaply.


 And the last two bags with pink and beige zippers.




And another view of all bags - made for our family girls weekend as a gift to remember.

June Tag of the Month - and - Creative Chemistry 101 - Summer 101 - Challenge Week 4

This month I made a birthday card for my sister with both the techniques form the "12 tags of 2016"  and the weekly challenge of Tims "Creative Chemistry 101".
The challenge of this week was to use archival ink. I used that archival ink for the first technique of this month's tag tissue wrap collage.


I stamped my tissue paper (actually it was a leftover from a shoebox) with two of my new stamps from viva - the same collection I used for last week's challenge from Summer of Creative Chemistry 101.


Instead of Tim's coloured background I used Adirondack Color Wash "Red Pepper" spray paint and some leftover numbers made out of felt - I think there original purpose was for applique.


Technique 2 this month was "Stencil plaid" - but instead  of the plaid I made stencil swirls. 
I used an already sprayed and coloured background from my stash and my favourite swirl stencil from Scrapberry's. The stencil was stamped with Distress Ink in "festive berries" and "spiced marmalade"



I used two butterfly dies, that came with my Sissix machine to cut out butterflies. The butterflies were thab attached to a tag that I made in my Craftsy class "Inventive Ink" with Marjie Kemper.


The tag was embossed with birthday wishes and spruced up with some embossing powder.

Everything together with some other tissue (a napkin with Berlin motives) made a great birthday card.


And here is a peek at the backside with an attached paper pocket for a small present.









18 Jun 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 3

This week's challenge of "Creative Chemistry 101" was a little tricky - there was no Perfect Pearl available. Or at least no powder - finally I found 3 bottles Perfect Mist in a small craft store.
Stamping with Perfect Mist did not work at all. There were only blotches on my paper.
But the Perfect Splatter Distress Technique worked great with the Perfect Mist.

I took the photo from a slight angle, so that the shimmer from the Perfect Mist would be visible.

As there is always a lot of colour and ink left on the craft sheet. Instead of using a wipe or cloth to clean my craft sheet, I dabbed my art journal in it and voila:


I like this page very much - can't wait til it's dry, so I can add something more.

While shopping for the Perfect Mist I found this set of stamps from Viva Decor together with two other sets. But these I hope to use later in the Creative Chemistry.



For this week's challenge I used only the writing and the pen and a small splot for my tag.

14 Jun 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 2

This week was terrific - lots of new techniques.


Because I had none of the requested craft paper, I made an resist background using medium satin stenciled on the background. After drying I applied several layers of distress paint.
I added the large poppy blossoms - stamped with black archival ink.
They did not show very much, therefor I added some details with distress marker in picket fence.

7 Jun 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 1

This summer is going to be creative!
I joined Tim Holtz "Creative Chemistry" and I like it very much.



This is my art journal page created with the brushless watercolour technique for the Week 1 challenge.
In addition to the watercolour I stamped the same poppy stamp with archival ink on top to add some details.
The colours on top of the page are the same as on the watercolour. Interesting how different papers show different effects.