19 Jul 2016

Bag of the month - July- My Art Inspiration Station

This month bag is something very special:
I made my own inspiration station for Jenniebellies's "Inspiration Station Workshop".





The pattern for this bag "A place fo everything"  is from ByAnnie. Annie also teaches how to make this bag in her Craftsy class "Sew your own sturdy travel organizers" - one of my favorites.
Origially I quilted the fabric sandwich for the Riley Blake Sashing Stash Fabric Challenge of this year and made some pillows - which you can see on my facebook page.


From the leftovers I cut out the panels for this bag and combined it with a lacy zipper and some hot pink mesh.


The bag is a little bit wider than the original bag. I also added two strips of velcro to add more pages inside - pages that are already cut but not sewn or quilted yet.


JulyTag of the Month - Another Birthday Card

Special occasions need a special card.
This month I made a birthday card for a 25th birthday using the techniques Tim Holtz showed in his "12 tags of 2016"

For the first technique "Water colour resist" I stamped on a scrap of brown paper, leftover from a paper bag.


The printing hag gone well, but the micor glaze and the watercolour made the whole thing a little bit ripply. The edge were tried with a special scissor.

I had to alter the second technique "Layered Words" a little bit, because I had no proper die cut for the second layer.

So I die cut a little tag, that I embellished with embossed words.


The tag was attached with a little clip. To cover-up the clip I created a second paper and clued it to the inner side of the card.



I love the colours!


JulyTag of the Month - Another Birthday Card

Special occasions need a special card.
This month I made a birthday card for a 25th birthday using the techniques Tim Holtz showed in his "12 tags of 2016"

For the first technique "Water colour resist" I stamped on a scrap of brown paper, leftover from a paper bag.


The printing hag gone well, but the micor glaze and the watercolour made the whole thing a little bit ripply. The edge were tried with a special scissor.

I had to alter the second technique "Layered Words" a little bit, because I had no proper die cut for the second layer.

So I die cut a little tag, that I embellished with embossed words.


The tag was attached with a little clip. To cover-up the clip I created a second paper and clued it to the inner side of the card.



I love the colours!


Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 7 - crackled enamel

This week's challenge was to use alkohol inks.
This is still a work in progress: 
I am putting together art journals for the holiday for my whole family.
Everybody will get an art journal with partly filled pages, on which he or she can start journaling on their own.

I have made some part to use in these art journals, that will go in a special envelope attached to the journal.

Here is a selections of the parts I call "crackled enamel":


I combined the "Colored Crackle " and the "Eroded Metallics" from challenge week 5. After everything was dry I applied a top layer with alkohol inks.

Here is a close-up to some parts. I love how the erosion worked on the crackle paint.


7 Jul 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 5 - Final


My final challenge of this week was a lot bigger than a tag: an unpainted Buddy Bär.
This bear was in my collection for quite a while and I had no idea, how to finish ist.



Here is my finished "Eroded Berlin Bär". 


Here a close-up of the face...


and of of the belly. For the first layer I used "pine neeldes", "salty ocean", "stormy sky" and "iced spruce". The edroded layer was painted with "antiqued bronze" and little hints of "tarnished brass".

I like my bear - even it could still use some more eroded layers. But applying the paint on a non-flat surface is quite a challenge itself.

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 5

This weeks topic were distress paints.
What a surprise I already had 2 in my stash "pine needles" and fired brick".
After a trip to my craft shop "Stempelbar" here in Berlin I could add some more colours and even two metallics.


My first attempt with the "eroded metallics technique" was on a tag.


After drying the first layer of distress paint I added "tarnished brass" for the eroded effect. I think it worked quite o.k.


Summer of Creative Chemistry - Challenge Week 5

This weeks topic were distress paints.
What a surprise I already had 2 in my stash "pine needles" and fired brick".
After a trip to my craft shop "Stempelbar" here in Berlin I could add some more colours and even two metallics.


My first attempt with the "eroded metallics technique" was on a tag.


After drying the first layer of distress paint I added "tarnished brass" for the eroded effect. I think it worked quite o.k.